Monday, February 23, 2009
Results, February 19-22
A big story this week is former Sendai Girl Shuri "Tyrannosaurus" Okuda being introduced as the newest member of Team MAKEHEN. She's back in the gym training after her shoulder surgery from her injury last summer and is supposed to return in March or April. I'm not crazy about this move, but maybe it will work out for her.
The "Itabashi Green Hall Joshi Puroresu Festival" will take place during Golden Week in early May, with several promotions running shows at this small venue. This is in conjunction with the already announced Revolucion Amandola show at Shin-Kiba 1st Ring (featuring Kyoko Kimura in a deathmatch) and NEO's "May History" show at Korakuen Hall on May 5th. We have JWP (1PM) and Passion Red (5PM) on 5/3, Ibuki (1PM) and Ice Ribbon (5PM) on 5/4, a Cherry produced show (her home is DDT offshoot Union, so expect something silly) on 5/5 at 5PM, and Queen Bee (1PM) and NEO (5PM) on 5/6.
JWP is starting to set up their "MANIA-X" event in April with a show at Lazona Kawasaki Plaza Sol (I think it's a small arena in a shopping mall). Azumi Hyuga teamed with Toshie Uematsu & Ran Yu-Yu and scored a pinfall over JWP champ Kayoko Haruyama (with Command Bolshoi & Megumi Yabushita). All signs point to the rematch for the belt, which will be almost one year since Kayoko won it from Azumi and Hyuga's subsequent knee surgery. Also at that show, Yumiko Hotta & Keito racked up their first tag title defense, beating Tojuki Leon and Arisa Nakajima, with Keito using her modified Shubain on Nakajima. I guess Arisa has to chase Hotta & Friends for a while longer before scoring that big win over one of her elders.
NEO also ran a show at Lazona Kawasaki Plaza Sol. The notable results here was Kyoko Kimura & Atsuko Emoto defending the NEO tag titles against Natsuki*Taiyo & Kana. Kana had pinned Kimura in a show a few weeks back with the Flying Ass Attack (or Billiken), but Kimura used the Big Boot to keep the titles in Revolucion Amandola's hands. NEO has a Korakuen Hall show coming up in a few weeks; so far we have Nanae Takahashi vs Yuki Miyazaki for the NEO/NWA Pacific championships.
Sendai Girls ran the first round of this year's "Jaja Uma" tournament for young wrestlers in Sendai. The format has 12 wrestlers in a single elimination tournament. The four girls with first round byes met each other in a tag match. Sendai's sister duo DASH Chisako & Sendai Sachiko had a draw with fellow Sendai native Misaki Ohata (of Ibuki) and BattlARTS' Chihiro Oikawa, who grew up near Sendai herself. DASH hit Oikawa with a frogsplash just as time ran out. In the tournament, former arm-wrestling champ Yoko Yamada used a sleeper hold on Sendai's rookie Yukari Ishino, Mongolian wrestler Esui beat Ice Ribbon's Minori Makiba, Ito Dojo's Hanako Kobayashi beat Hiren, and Ryo Mizunami defeated the mysterious masked wrestler "Raika" (I may not have the name right). Oh, and Meiko didn't work this show. I don't think she's injured or anything. She did announce that the main event for Sendai Girls' show in Niigata this May will be the eternal Meiko vs Aja match-up. The 2nd round of the Jaja Uma tournament will have DASH vs Esui (runt vs tall awkward girl), Mizunami vs Oikawa, Kobayashi vs Ohata, & Sachiko vs Yamada.
OZ Academy was in Korakuen Hall, with both OZ "belts" (they are actually attached to chains) on the line. It ended up being a huge day for the Amano/Kansai/Nagashima/Kato "I Heart Oz" faction, as they won all of their matches and swept up the titles. On the undercard, Super Heel Toshie Uematsu debuted and beat KAORU. I wonder if Toshie can no-sell and not move as well as Devil Masami could. Ran Yu-Yu & Hikaru beat Takako Inoue & Hiren, Manami Toyota beat Arisa Nakajima, and Amano/Tomoka Nakagawa beat AKINO/Ayumi Kurihara. Then Chikayo & Sonoko beat Aja & Hiroyo Matsumoto for the tag belts that Jungle Jack 21 had only won barely more than 2 weeks ago, with AJA taking the fall to Chikayo. In the main event, Dynamite Kansai (with Cutie Suzuki in her corner!) broke out the "Green Fall" (I think it's a variation on a Michinoku Driver II that she rarely uses) to beat Ozaki for the title and a bunch of yen.
Fuuka had her 5th anniversary with a pair of shows at Shin-Kiba 1st Ring. She said last year that she'd retire if she couldn't sell out Korakuen Hall for her anniversary, but she was obviously kidding. Mostly the usual Fuuka fare; singing and dancing and little kids pinning cows and the Fuuka Kid and the Shirai sisters. Sarah "Dark Angel" Stock was flown in and won both matches, beating Ray in the matinee and teaming with Azumi Hyuga to beat Tojuki Leon & Fuuka Kid (Kaori Yoneyama) later. Fuuka & Nanae beat Yoshiko Tamura & Haruka Matsuo in the first main, then Fuuka met Kyoko Kimura in a 2 round match in the finale. The first round was pinfalls only and Kimura won after the Big Boot. The second round was B-Rules (submission/KO only), which went to a time limit draw.
HUSTLE "HUSTLE TOUR 2009" February 19, 2009
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1. KIDATA Low 2009 & Akamamushi Sandayu defeated (^o^)/ Chie & KG (8:08) when KIDATA used the Falcontaro on KG.
MAKEHEN 24 February 20, 2009
Shin-Kiba 1st Ring
1. Io Shirai & Tojuki Leon defeated Mio Shirai & Mikado (10:15) when Io used a Cradle on Mikado.
NEO "INTER LOCK" February 21, 2009
Lazona Kawasaki Plaza Sol
1. Yuki Miyazaki defeated Aya Yuki (8:54) with a Lariat.
2. Haruka Matsuo defeated Ray (8:20) with a Modified Chickenwing.
3. Nanae Takahashi defeated Tomoka Nakagawa (12:46) with a Reverse Corner Splash.
4. Kyoko Inoue & Hiroyo Matsumoto defeated Tanny Mouse & Aoi Kizuki (14:03) when Inoue used a Powerbomb on Kizuki.
5. Yoshiko Tamura & Ayumi Kurihara defeated Etsuko Mita & Makoto when Kurihara used a Back Throw on Makoto.
6. NEO Tag Team Title: Kyoko Kimura & Atsuko Emoto defeated Natsuki*Taiyo & Kana (21:33) when Kimura used the Big Boot on Kana. Kimura & Emoto are successful in the 1st defense.
JWP "BATTLEFIELD" February 21, 2009
Lazona Kawasaki Plaza Sol
1. Sakura Emi defeated Pinkie Mayuka (11:26) with the Caballo.
2. KAZUKI defeated Sachie Abe (1:48) with the Mountain Fall(?).
3. Kaori Yoneyama & Saki Maemura defeated Yumi Ohka & Ayako Sato (14:55) when Yoneyama used the Diving Senton on Sato.
4. Azumi Hyuga, Toshie Uematsu, & Ran Yu-Yu defeated Kayoko Haruyama, Command Bolshoi, & Megumi Yabushita (19:05) when Hyuga used the Running Knee Attack on Haruyama.
5. JWP/Daily Sports Tag Team Championship: Yumiko Hotta & Keito (c) defeated Tojuki Leon & Arisa Nakajima (17:39) when Keito used the Modified Shubain on Nakajima. Hotta & Keito are successful in the 1st defense.
SENDAI GIRLS "JAJA UMA TOURNAMENT" February 21, 2009
Sendai Harbor International Business Center "Accelerator"
1. DASH Chisako & Sendai Sachiko vs Misaki Ohata & Chihiro Oikawa (15:00) went to a time limit draw.
2. First Round: Yoko Yamada defeated Yukari Ishino (7:02) with a Sleeper Hold.
3. First Round: Esui defeated Minori Makiba (8:48) with a Chokeslam.
4. First Round: Hanako Kobayashi defeated Hiren (14:06) with a Fisherman Suplex Hold.
5. First Round: Ryo Mizunami defeated Raika (9:23) with a Modified Arm Lock.
K-DOJO "CLUB-K 3000" February 21, 2009
Chiba Blue Field
1. KAZMA & Bambi defeated Taishi Takizawa & Yuu Yamagata (12:43) when KAZMA used the Somato on Yamagata.
FUUKA MATSURI 7 "FUUKA's 5th ANNIVERSARY PART 1" February 22, 2009 Shin-Kiba 1st Ring
1. Shu Shibutani defeated Misaki Ohata (11:35) with a German Suplex.
2. Fuuka Kidd & Riho defeated Sakura Emi & Bullfight Sora (10:15) when Riho used the Cream Puff on Sora.
3. "Dark Angel" Sarah Stock defeated Ray (9:56) with the Tiger Driver.
4. Fuuka & Nanae Takahashi defeated Yoshiko Tamura & Haruka Matsuo (19:51) when Fuuka used the F-Doll on Matsuo.
FUUKA MATSURI 8 "FUUKA's 5th ANNIVERSARY PART 2" February 22, 2009 Shin-Kiba 1st Ring
1. Mio Shirai & Natsuki*Taiyo defeated Io Shirai & Aoi Kizuki (10:35) when Mio used the Purple Flash on Io.
2. Bullfight Sora defeated Small Antonio Inoki (10:23) with a Small Package.
3. "Dark Angel" Sarah Stock & Azumi Hyuga defeated Tojuki Leon & Fuuka Kid (11:48) when Stock used the Shadow Chaser on Kid.
4. Two Rounds (Round 1: Pinfall, Round 2: Submission/KO Only): Fuuka vs Kyoko Kimura Tied 1-1. Round 1: Kimura used the Big Boot on Fuuka (6:46). Round 2: Fuuka used a Cross Armbreaker on Kimura (2:45). Extension: Time Limit Draw (10:00).
OZ ACADEMY "THE COUNTRY OF OZ" February 22, 2009
1. Super Heel Uematsu Debut: Super Heel Toshie Uematsu defeated KAORU (12:35) with an Excalibur Cutback.
2. Ran Yu-Yu & Hikaru defeated Takako Inoue & Hiren (15:35) when Yu-Yu used the European Clutch on Inoue.
3. Manami Toyota defeated Arisa Nakajima (8:17) with the Japanese Ocean Cyclone Suplex Hold.
4. Carlos Amano & Tomoka Nakagawa defeated AKINO & Ayumi Kurihara (19:56) when Amano used the Carlos Ghosn on Kurihara.
5. OZ Tag Championship: Chikayo Nagashima & Sonoko Kato defeated Aja Kong & Hiroyo Matsumoto (12:50) when Nagashima used the NAWASHIMA on Kong. Kong & Matsumoto fail in the 1st defense and Nagashima & Kato become the 4th champion.
6. OZ Openweight Championship: Dynamite Kansai defeated Mayumi Ozaki (27:14) with the Green Fall. Ozaki fails in the 2nd defense and Kansai becomes the 4th champion.
HUSTLE "HUSTLE TOUR 2009" February 22, 2009
Makuhari Messe International Exhibition Center
2. (^o^)/ Chie defeated KG (4:13) with the Torture Crab Hold.