Sunday, October 14, 2007
Results, October 8-14
There was quite a bit of joshi puroresu action this weekend, along with some straggling results from earlier in the week that I missed before.
Let's clean up the indy sleaze and sportz entertainment first. On Monday, former sumo and puro wrestler Ishinriki hosted "Dosukoi Pro-Wrestling" from Shinjuku FACE, with a card of mixed tag matches. He ran a similar show last year. The highlight was the main event, where Yoshihiro Takayama and Ayako Hamada defeated Azumi "Facecrusher" Hyuga and Ishinriki. Hyuga tried to emulate Don Frye, but Takayama had the last laugh in this match.
Also on Monday the 8th was something called UGP T-1 Grand Prix, also at Shinjuku FACE. UGP Mask debuted with her partner Black Panther, but they lost to Onryo and \(^O^)/CHIE. In the main event, there was a 6-person tag for the UGP Cup and 2.3 million yen. President Futami (the only man in the match), T-1 Mask 2 (said to be Megumi Yabushita), & Aya Sakurai (who was briefly with GAEA years ago before quitting) defeated the team of Yumiko Hotta, Shark Tsuchiya, and Mika Mizunuma when Futami rolled Mika up. Egads, that sounds bad.
CHIE was much less successful in her home at HUSTLE, as she was defeated by "Monster K" Toshiaki Kawada in under a minute.
The action on Saturday was generally more conventional. The Ito Dojo hosted their first anniversay show at Shinjuku FACE. Trainee Chiaki Machida can not only ride a unicycle, but she is undefeated as a pro-wrestler, beating Midori in her debut. In the main three matches, we had Yumiko Hotta, Kaoru Ito, and Ayako Hamada defeat Mai Ichii, Ayako Sato, and Manami Toyota, respectively. Manami was the latest in a long line of big names to fall victim to the AP Cross. A lottery was also held and teams were determined for a tag tourney at Ito's next show, to be held in December.
We had several shows on Sunday the 14th. K-DOJO had an event produced by Apple Miyuki that featured a one-day trios tag tournament. Apple's team (including Boso Boy Raito and Quiet Storm) beat the team of Yuu Yamagata, TAKA Michinoku, and JOE in the semifinal, but failed in the final versus Yuji Hino, Shiori Asahi, and Makoto Oishi. The Apple Miyuki Army, much like Chicago Cubs fans, wait until next time.
The OZ Academy were in Ibaragi. Sayuri Okino defeated Toshie Uematsu in a Next Challenger Determination tournament match; she'll face the winner of a later match between AKINO and Kyoko Kimura. The most interesting result was Chikayo Nagashima and Carlos Amano trading pins against each other in two different tag matches. It seems like they are feuding. More about that later.
Itabashi Green Hall hosted a pair of events. NEO's crew had the early show. The main event saw Kaoru Ito & Ayako Hamada retain the NEO tag belts over Misae Genki and Aya Yuki, as Genki fell to the AP Cross, which is like kryptonite in 2007. They also set up a lot of matches for the Korakuen Hall show in early November. Genki will try again to get back the NEO tag championship, but this time she's calling on Yoshiko Tamura to get the job done against Kaoru & Ayako. Haruka Matsuo will defend the NEO/NWA Pacific titles for the first time against the maestro of Ice Ribbon, Sakura Emi. I hope NEO is turning Matsuo into a bitchy conceited heel, because Emi is going to be a total crowd favorite.
JWP had Itabashi for the late show. Manami Toyota introduced Etsuko Mita as her mystery tag partner, and they teamed with Kaori Yoneyama to beat the trio of Tsubasa Kuragaki, Kayoko Haruyama, and Tojuki Leon, as Leon ate a Death Valley Driver from Mita. So while Mita plays with Ice Ribbon girls in NEO and makes us pine fondly for the good ole days of the L.C.O., she has serious business in JWP. JWP's show next Sunday, at Shinjuku FACE features several exciting matches. I'll get into those in the next post, with next week's schedule.
Dosukoi Pro-Wrestling October 8, 2007
1. Nise Onita/Sayuri Okino defeated Riki Senshu/Francoise* (8:20) when Okino used a Back Side Throw on Francoise*.
2. Katsunari Toi/GAMI defeated Kazuhiro Tamura/Yuki Miyazaki (12:00) when Toi used a Cutback on Tamura.
3. Onryo/Tanny Mouse defeated Lingerie Muto/Eiger (11:24) when Onryo pinned Muto with a Small Package.
4. Keizo Matsuda/Bolshoi Kid defeated Tetshhiro Kuroda/Obacchi Iizuka (12:30) when Bolshoi used a Backslide on Iizuka.
5. Yoshihiro Takayama/Ayako Hamada defeated Ishinriki/Azumi Hyuga (15:57) when Takayama used the Mount Everest German Suplex Hold on Ishinriki.
UGP "T-1 Grand Prix" October 8, 2007
1. Masked Woman Debut: Onryo/\(^O^)/CHIE defeated Black Panther/UGP Mask (11:58) when CHIE defeated UGP Mask.
3. UGP Cup (2.3 Million Yen Prize): President Futami/T-1 Mask 2 (Megumi Yabushita)/Aya Sakurai defeated Yumiko Hotta/Shark Tsuchiya/Mika Mizunuma (15:45) when Futami used a Small Package Hold on Mizunuma.
"HUSTLE HOUSE VOL. 29", October 10, 2007 (PPV)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
0. "Monster K" Toshiaki Kawada defeated (^o^)/ Chie (0:51) with the Face Gary.
ITO DOJO "THE HEART-CHAPTER 5" October 13, 2007
1st Anniversary Show
1. Machida Debut Match: Chiaki Machida defeated Midori (6:03).
2. Michiko Ohmukai defeated Tomoko Morii (9:07) with a Forearm Smash.
3. Takako Inoue/Aki Kanbayashi defeated Aoi Kizuki/Hanako Kobayashi (14:06) when Inoue used a Back Blow on Kobayashi.
4. Yumiko Hotta defeated Mai Ichii (11:04) with the Pyramid Driver.
5. Kaoru Ito defeated Ayako Sato (14:35) with the Double Foot Stamp.
6. Ayako Hamada defeated Manami Toyota (18:36) with the AP Cross.
OZ Academy "ROSE COLOR IN IBARAGI" October 14, 2007
Ibaragi Western General Park Gymnasium
1. Next Challenger Determination Tournament: Sayuri Okino defeated Toshie Uematsu (5:36).
2. Chikayo Nagashima/Kyoko Kimura defeated Carlos Amano/AKINO (13:38) when Nagashima pinned Amano.
3. Mayumi Ozaki defeated Obacchi Iizuka (11:00) with an Uraken.
4. Aja Kong/Jaguar Yokota defeated Dynamite Kansai/Sonoko Kato (9:54) when Kong used a Diving Elbow Drop on Kato.
5. Mayumi Ozaki/Aja Kong/Carlos Amano defeated Dynamite Kansai/Chikayo Nagashima/AKINO (13:26) when Amano used the Carlos Ghosn on Nagashima.
NEO "VICTORIOUS" October 14, 2007 (afternoon)
Itabashi Green Hall
1. Etsuko Mita/Miki Ishii defeated Nagisa Nozaki/Cherry (10:49) when Mita used the Blazing Chop on Nozaki.
2. Yoshiko Tamura defeated Makoto (8:43) with the "chain list". (?)
3. Tanny Mouse/Yuki Miyazaki defeated Tomoka Nakagawa/Lingerie Muto (11:16) when Miyazaki used the Evil-Principles Clutch on Muto.
4. Haruka Matsuo defeated Aoi Kizuki (10:57) with a German Suplex Hold.
5. NEO Tag Team Championship: Ayako Hamada/Kaoru Ito (c) defeated Misae Genki/Aya Yuki (24:29) when Hamada used the AP Cross on Genki.
JWP "FLASHPOINT" October 14, 2007 (evening)
Itabashi Green Hall
1. Sachie Abe defeated Cherry (9:19) with the Victory A Clutch.
2. Aska Ohki/Arisa Nakajima vs Misaki Ohata/Hiroyo Matsumoto (15:00) went to a Time Limit Draw.
3. Ran Yu-Yu defeated Keito (14:10) with a Forearm Smash.
4. Command Bolshoi/Toshie Uematsu defeated Azumi Hyuga/KAZUKI (14:28) when Bolshoi used a Palm Strike on KAZUKI.
5. Manami Toyota/Kaori Yoneyama/Etsuko Mita defeated Tsubasa Kuragaki/Kayoko Haruyama/Tojuki Leon (17:13) when Mita used the Death Valley Bomb on Leon.
K-DOJO/Apple Miyuki Produce "CHIBA CAPITAL FESTIVAL", October 14, 2007
Chiba Blue Field
2. Taj Mahal Cup One Day Six Person Tag Tournament - Semi Final: Apple Miyuki, Boso Boy Raito & Quiet Storm defeated TAKA Michinoku, JOE & Yuu Yamagata (12:47) with a German Suplex Hold by Miyuki on Yamagata.
4. Taj Mahal Cup One Day Six Person Tag Tournament - Final: Yuji Hino, Shiori Asahi & Makoto Oishi defeated Apple Miyuki, Boso Boy Raito & Quiet Storm (12:55) with a Powerbomb by Hino on Storm.